As the regular season wraps up today, there are several possible scenarios that could play out to see who the Wolves will face in the first round of the OHL Playoffs which opens play on Thursday. The Wolves can still finish as high as second with a win in regulation as long as North Bay beats the Niagara IceDogs. Here are the various possibilities based on the results of today’s game.
- If Oshawa wins in regulation, Oshawa earns 3rd place
- If Sudbury wins in regulation, Sudbury earns at least 3rd place
- If Oshawa wins in OT, Oshawa earns 3rd place due to more ROW(regulation and OT wins, excluding shootout)
- If Sudbury wins in OT, Sudbury earns at least 3rd place
- If Oshawa wins in a shootout, Sudbury earns at least 3rd place due to better head to head record given the win would not be included in ROW tie breaker
- If Sudbury wins in shootout, Sudbury earns at least 3rd place.
Fans can follow the game by tuning into the live play-by-play on CKLU 96.7 or stream live on mixlr.com/sudburywolves. The game will also be available on Eastlink Channel 10 and 610HD and live updates can also be found on Twitter at @SudburyWolves.
No matter who the opponent, the Wolves will host the first two home playoff games this Friday and Saturday at the Sudbury Arena. Both games begin at 7:05pm and tickets are on-sale now at the Sudbury Arena Box Office or online at greatersudbury.ca/tickets. For all possible Playoff Schedules, visit: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/2019-ohl-playoff-tracker
PLAYOFFS ARE COMING!!