Wolves Fall 4-1 to Otters

The Sudbury Wolves wrapped up a busy weekend on Sunday evening at the Erie Insurance Arena as they took on the Otters. The Otters were on a mission to win their seventh straight home game in which they succeeded beating the Wolves by a 4-1 final.

There was a familiar face in net for the Otters in Troy Timpano, who made very timely saves to shut the door on numerous Wolves players including quality chances from Dmitry Sokolov and a breakaway from Michael Pezzetta. A disallowed goal in the third period could have been the difference maker for the Wolves as it kept the team from gaining any momentum and cutting the lead to 3-2.

Cade Robinson opened the scoring halfway through the first period to put the Otters on the board. The goal was put under review to ensure that the play had not been offside but after the replay, the referees deemed it a good goal. Taylor Raddysh scored next for the Otters as he capitalized on a rebound to make it 2-0.

Raddysh scored his second of the game in the second period to give the Otters a 3-0 lead. His goal was the only one during the period and the Wolves headed to the dressing room down by three.

In a solid third period for the Wolves, they outshot the Otters 10-6 in the frame. Troy Lajeunesse lead the charge in scoring to put the Wolves on the board a minute and a half into the period. The goal marked his third goal in three games as he opened the scoring for the Wolves in each of the three games this weekend. His goal was assisted by Dawson Baker and Dmitry Sokolov. The momentum continued for the Wolves as minutes later it looked like the Wolves had cut the lead to 3-2 after a shot from Sokolov bounced off of Timpano’s face and then into the net off of Rhodes. The puck made contact with Rhodes’ shoulder and after a lengthy review, it was deemed no goal. It was the Otters who got the next bounce as Carson Edwardson fed the puck top shelf to extend their lead to 4-1. The late period surge wasn’t quite enough for the Wolves as the Otters skated off with the victory, with final shots on net 31-19 in favour of the Otters.

Despite it being only the first of two meetings between the teams there was no love lost between the two squads with a total of 21 penalties handed out including eighteen minors, two five-minute majors, and a game misconduct.

The Wolves will now return to Sudbury and rest for two days before heading back on the road on Wednesday to take on the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds at the Essar Centre. Game time for the third game in the Bell Cup Challenge is 7:07 pm. Fans can follow the Wolves on the road in a number of different ways this season. Fans can listen to the live play by play on the radio at 96.7 CKLU or on the Sudbury Wolves App.  In addition to listening to the game, fans can tune into Eastlink TV Channel 10 or 610 to watch the broadcast.

More News
Wolves Look to Extend Win Streak on the Road
4 hours ago
Wolves Launch Halloween Contest in Partnership with Five
10 hours ago
Weekend Recap of October 19th and 20th
12 hours ago
Oct. 20/18 - KGN (0) - SBY (2)
1 day ago
Wolves Shut-Out Frontenacs
3 days ago
Oct. 19/18 - HAM (5) - SBY (7)
3 days ago